Ultimate - Dust Storm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:45 am

Skill Info:
Stops everyone from attacking in a huge radius (channeled)
Duration is .... I cant remember... 10+5 seconds per level?

Background:
A pure team based skill, that will almost never be picked. I think I will have to put this skill on a Dummy Unit, so it isnt a channel, maybe that would make it more viable, BUT, until then, it is meant strictly for int whoring team play!

General info:
A channeled spell that makes EVERYONES chance to miss, 100% for quite a long time. Many people overlook exactly how cool that is, specially when combined with a team of nukers and a silence. You can silence the main healer/spell caster on their team, then nuke the hell out of them, but wait! The duration on this cloud is long enough, you can all get a 2nd round of spells in before anyone can even hit you again! Assuming you have 2 allies with chain light, that is 4 chain lights being cast before the other team can attempt to hit you back!

Skill usage:
With this skills you really NEED to use the ww/channel ability. Your whole team is relying on you, so it would suck to get hit with a stun during this spell. I would suggest having a strong farming ability, maybe even a half farming ability also. With an ult that is only good for team help, you cant level fast with it. you can rush archons and elementals with this skill though! your team could drop the fire boss at level 16, and then with exceptional fire orbs, outfarm your opponents easily! This skill is all based around communication and teamwork, not recommended for the average pub player.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chao.forumclan.net
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:26 am

pro tip check that your team listens to your advice about getting a nuke b4 u get this

this isnt very fun to use if your teamates decied GET A NUKE means go passive hunter 2 of them on your team makes this for your ult a waist

yes this did happen to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:30 pm

LOL I find my self using this more to punish my allies, then for actual strategy, the entire strategy gets pawned by the use of either Mana Vortex and or Stun Feild, Demon Spawn, or a simple AMS (when or if it gets fixed) AMS last as long as its duration only its tool tip claims to last 30 secs and it last like 8-10 secs. It kicks ass with the likes of Volcanoe and Tidal Rush, not to mention lightning spams but every time somebody in channel talks about about using this Im always super tempted to log out create an alais and go and join the game they plan to do this and pawn them for trying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:32 pm

not enough people actually go spell caster these days(surprisingly) for this skill to be of any use in public games... ever.
however in clan games i could see some potential for this if one team communicated before they picked. but that rarely happens either Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redtube.com
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:50 pm

I love this skill too bad the opertunity rarely presents its self where you can have the fun to use this skill.

Obviously this skill is centered around teamwork. I actually grab two completly new to the game clan mates and they had a ball getting the kills while I played assist whore. Mode that favor this normal. Not new to team work new to the game I kind of ping them what to do and gave them skill builds to run etc.. They love team work and thought arena was a one man show kind of thing I was telling them that team work is imbalanced and the one man show faills against well played team work.

I think we had one guy go.
Flame Strike + Slow Ward+Demon Spawn I think (long lane) or bot
Fire Ward/Gaurdian Ward with Dust
Shock wave, wind walk, Wraith of Hell.

Going into the first duel I think two of us were like level 7 while the one who was top was like level 6. They were like two level 5's and a level 4 yea we had control of the game.

By the time we got our ultimates it started to get really sad were they couldnt do shit in duels and were getting ganked right and left out side of them.

Dont under estimate this ability simply because it requires a team ethic built around it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:35 am

mhm, and thats why I havent buffed it... With a team that is using this, you can get the other team all to half life before the duration wears off. gives a lot more power to a team full of players with `farming builds` also. your farming skills also win the duels for you.

Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Moose
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Maybe instead of silence, just let someone launch a mana flare and watch them commit suicide =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Or perhaps one of them could get ams to counter your flare. Avatar is a skill that counters storm best no spells to harm you and your not effected by the miss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:51 pm

What would be really nasty is a team with mana flare and dust storm and a lot of high damage aoe.That is complete superiority spell wise.The only counter for that is avatar or item spell immunity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 pm

dust storm i found out is a real handy skill which i found out the day before my computer took a dump
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:03 am

glorn u were using this skill like an ass to stop people from creeping :p does this work w/ tents and gaurdian ward?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:07 am

yeah, your tents and ward would continue to attack while dust storm is going on.

Personally, I like fire ward with it.

Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:17 am

well since its no longer a channel it's a bit more 1v1 oriented (Especially the way you use it) which might make tents more worthwhile in pvp and creeping since creeps rarely tend to differentiate b/t a tent and a hero when they attack.

wow i didnt get it at first but i understand why you use fireward. no restriction for range like tents XD that was dumb of me, applicable in pvp, creep stealing, and creeping... makes sense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Dust Storm   

Back to top Go down

Ultimate - Dust Storm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1