Share | 

Ultimate- Crit Master

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Ultimate- Crit Master   Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Hopefully this will tell you all you need to know had to do some in game trail and errors in order to make sure on a few of these.

Skill Info: Gives your hero 100% chance to crit for 1.00 +.09 per level.
It is not advised to mix with other crits or so the skill says.

Background: None as of yet but give it time, I say its probably going to be one of those skills that will be highly overrated or underrated kind of deals much like the aura's were in 6.0 series

General info: Obviously its a passive point and click. So instead of wasting your time Im just going to point out the mechanics of the skill so the rest of you can get a better understanding. Glorn or Kon if you notice any mistakes on my part feel free to correct them.

Crit Master Melee
Despite what you may hear from bnet know it alls who take their knowledge from just 1 game and 1 hero All Orbs do in fact work on Melee.

Crit Master doesn't effect bash in any way shape or form. Bash and Crit on melee are completely independent of each other. This means you can nail a bash hit and a crit hit on the very same single attack. You wont however add the bash damage to the crit the crit only takes into account your item damage and your base damage. Doesn't even matter what order you get bash or crit they wont in any way effect each other.

Oddly enough regardless when you may have leveled your skills combat or death or Crit Master they scramble so I would have to assume it falls under the last achieved crit rule.

Crit Master Range
Unfortunately Crit Master will override all orb effects except for life steal

Crit Master overrides all bashes achieved before it is leveled. Any point invested before you invest a single point into crit master will cause crit master to override. (Wont ever Trigger)

Crit Master overrides all crits achieved before it is leveled. Any point invested before you invest a single point into crit master will cause crit master to override. (They wont scramble)

Crit master will not override bashes achieved after its leveled. The way it works is the last achieved skill overrides. So when Bash Triggers you will not get a crit effect. (Do not invest a single point until after you have leveled crit master)

Crit master will not override crits achieved after its leveled. Again The last achieved skill overrides. (Do not invest a single point until after you have leveled crit master)

Crit Master unlike other crits can actually crit through magic immuned targets!!! Big Plus To The Range Crit Master.

General Strategy: Pick a good farming skill and get to late game this skill can be down right nasty particularity on Strength and Agility type heroes although Intells Im sure can use it just fine. Strength Range heroes can make really good use of the Ranged Crit master.

Ideal Weapon of Choice is the Axe although giving the knowledge we know about melee bashes and crit the Staff could make an interesting alternative. Crit items are not bad though they do override Crit Master, usually they deal more damage then crit master does so you may not mind.

Hopefully this is informative and will help you come up with a down right nasty crit master item build.

-Signed Notorious Noob known as didnotmeanto

Last edited by didnotmeanto on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Just like to add as general knowledge:

This skill has the highest end-game damage potential of any skill. At end game it is 36% increased damage. Though it does "stack" with other crits, the other crit needs to be obtained after you put a point into this. On top of that, the crit wouldnt be increasing your damage output as much. Combining this with drathstrike would be rather good though. Your overall DPS end game would be ~55% higher.

Also, true, this does not stack with orb AFFECTS, though you still get damage from orbs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chao.forumclan.net
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 am

pretty sure the word you are looking for is effects?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 am

WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO, GRAMMAR POLICE!

GET OUTTA THE CAR! YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!

Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:09 am

That is very much true. Because what is Combat Mastery something like a 15% Damage increase. Death Strike is something like 27% rough guestimations on my part. Overral Damage increase this skill beats some of the crit items on % damage increase untill you get to Talon Grade Weapons or Higher. However if you were to say Grab the Axe Equivalent you would still out damage the person using the Talon.

Sorry to add Death Strike can be good but so too can Mark of The Warrior. Mark of the Warrior 20% would completly stack with Crit Masters 36% although its purgable Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:53 am

Crit master is pretty easy to figure out, a 100% chance to crit. whatever the % increase is; is your damage bonus. Max level is 36%. Death strike is actually 23%.

Death strike, for a single person would be better than mark of the warrior; but mark of the warrior can be cast on any allies also. 20% increase on 2 people is much better than 23% on a single person.

Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:24 am

So basically you can stack Death strike and Crit master but not crit master and Combat Master.Crit master does not mix well with say immortals ring or light-saber,executioners blade,etc I'm I right or wrong please clarify.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:34 pm

yea, im bumping this thread cuz this might be pretty usefull info if what wrath says is right... plz answer his post. ty Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:50 pm

for 25k you could get lvl2 fire sword for 50% ias, 350 dmg, crazy splash, and 25% for 2.5crit, which is a 40% dmg increase. Meanwhile saving your ultimate for something like images rein ava demon spawn etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:06 pm

While that is true one thing worth the definate consideration is the fact that all item crits and most crit skills are countered by avatar on ranged heroes. Its definately worth trying out if your sure your oponents are not using a buff of some sort. Lifedteal is a very underrated late game orb. With something like shield you block a good deal of the damage your images would do to a target. Takes an awful lot of damage for that 5% to accumalate to be above 200. With 5% for every 1000 damage your images deal 200. Level 2 Terrfiy and Masterful Ring of Shielding render image damage near non existant at around level 24. Item crits are fine they just overral lower the amount of damage % this skill does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:47 pm

didnotmeanto, how come you post so much, yet i never see you online. It will be hard to play you now, but if ur ever on and u check clan BN listing and see me msg me for a game, or a pubstomp or w/e
Back to top Go down
View user profile
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Disconect problems.... I have high suspicions somebody hacked my keys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:48 am

I actually have a question related to this skill now. hypothetically if i wanted to combine this w/ deathstrike how would i go about doing that? would i have to wait till the very end @ level 40 in order to pull that off? i know its not realistic or anything in a legitimate 1v1 since those dont tend to last that long but again hypothetically would i have to wait till i put all my points in deathstrike in order to get my last point in critmaster? and what happens if you do deathstrike after critmaster ie you level ur ultimate and you run out of points to put into your defensive and misc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:20 am

Get Death Strike after you invested atleast a point into Crit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:52 pm

so if i was doing this to make everything work out it'd look like this

level 8 first point in crit master then i can start putting points into ds w/o worrying about anythign being screwed up even if i put another point into crit master?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:25 pm

didnotmeanto wrote:
Get Death Strike after you invested atleast a point into Crit.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate- Crit Master   

Back to top Go down

Ultimate- Crit Master
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1