The Exiled Prince

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Prince   Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 am

Allow me to offer my opinions and insight into the matter; as one of my long time favorite builds has been Archon, chain light, divine, MEA, weak c. I have also used MEA on a priestess build quite a few times; and on space orc.

1) Corruption staff, no contest, get it. If you ever have weak constitution, get a corruption staff. the only exception is if you are a low mana player, and will not be using a staff. The damage from it is amazing, even when your opponent has 20,000 HP. It is also something that will prevent kiting. Why? well, 6000 damage to your face can often lead to a feeling of "Shit, maybe running around while that thing cools down isnt the best idea?"

2) While I have not tested MEA vs set damage reduction; I do know that ranged MEA is enhanced by weak C, and that ranged MEA will destroy AMS. This means that it must be spell damage. How or if it interacts with hardened skin; I cannot say though; and would consider some testing on it.

3) If you are smart, you will get a fire shield. A rank 2 fire shield. Why wouldnt you use a fire shield? there is no reason not to use one. If you get weak C, you get a fire shield. the fire shield, in an average duel, will out DPS your MEA (Assuming there is kiting, or multiple players)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chao.forumclan.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Prince   Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:54 am

In the testing I was basically screwing around you could actually kill Pain at level 1 with Blade Master with 1 point in MEA (with the cheat whosyourdaddy) Basically dealing 400 damage a hit what's funny though is with the cheat of whosyourdaddy and with Troll Shaman was it took me until level 17 to break the threshold of pain and kill her and that was with Weak C. Basically the way this works is whosyourdaddy greatly increases your damage to auto kill units in a few hits however if they have damage block they're immune to your godlike hits until you break the threshold to the amount of damage block they have. However if your damage is magic it should go right through their damage immunity and kill them. However I could be greatly mistaken in this assumption.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Prince   Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 pm

careful; yes, you are incorrect in how whoseyourdaddy works. It increases your attack damage to auto kill anything (there is no threshold at all).

The difference is that on RANGED, MEA overrides the basic attack, and makes it a new type of attack; which is like a spell cast. This is why ranged cannot crit or bash on avatar. type whoseyourdaddy and cast frost nova; it shouldnt 1 shot a boss.

On melee, crits and bashs are still registered as normal attacks.

For the hell of it; pick up a fire orb, or feedback, or crit master, on a ranged hero; and try the same thing. I am not sure if it will work or not though with any of them; but I think one of two of them should show the same results.

Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Prince   Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:35 am

I'm sure there is a multiplier somewhere just skills like harden skin reduce this 0 damage so 0 multiply by anything will be 0. I tested those for the hell of it Feed Back does not go through her harden skin but fire orb splash does. All of this is off topic of the build and I apologize but I guess we can take one thing from this off topic conversation and that is harden skin is a pretty good counter to ranged enhanced attacks. Oh something interesting I did find out Pulverize will penetrate through her harden skin. Still all things considered this is a pretty good and straight forward build and should win many games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Prince   Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 am

I am reasonably sure that cheats are triggered events. There is no way to incorporate a units damage into a triggered event; thus scaling it. I think it is simply "A unit is attacked" "Kill attacked unit"

If bash is considered a spell cast on a ranged unit; then the trigger would not fire when "A unit is attacked" it would only fire when "A unit uses an ability"

that is my reasoning behind it. Set a unit to have an attack damage of -1; and attack a unit with 1,000,000 HP; the larger unit will be killed; despite the fact that the attack should heal the larger unit.

those tests were with whoseyourdaddy on? Fire orb 1 shot her; feedback did not? If so, the theory should hold that crit master shouldn't kill her in 1 hit, when ranged.

Pulverize is always considered a "melee skill" because the AoE from the blast actually emits from your hero, not from the point of attack. Think of it as a free thunder clap without the slowing aspect.

This discussion is a little off topic; but at least it is informative for any players reading this whom are interested in how the skills work ^_^

Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Prince   Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:53 pm

Fire didn't one shot but whenever your attack missed it did massive damage. Basically any damage below Archon of Pains harden skin number makes her immune to your attacks while under the state of the godlike cheat whosyourdaddy.

What's amazing is her harden skin blocks
Feed Back
Purge (Lightning Orb)
MEA

So long as your damage is below 150 she's immune and you can't kill her. Funny as hell considering yea you one shot everything else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Prince   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:08 pm

lol, that is pretty impressive. An oversight by blizzard in their game development I guess. They have a dozen of them or so; but this is pretty new to me ^_^

This discussion of hardened skin makes me want to create another skin build.. I forgot what my old hunter build was with it; but I remember that I couldn't take damage...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Prince   

Back to top Go down

The Exiled Prince
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: The Build Board :: Build Submission-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum